Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oprah and Barack



So my hero is Oprah, I love this woman. She always reminds me of her character Sophia from The Color Purple. I think she is smart and generous and takes no crap. She is a powerful individual who can show all people regardless of color, creed, gender, and class that they too can be a success. She is an American success story, and she is backing Obama; I also like him, I think it is too soon for him but regardless I like him. I think if Barack comes back in like 4 or 8 or maybe even 12 years he would make a better candidate. I would like it if he had a little more time in congress.

I really like that Oprah is campaigning for him. She rarely supports any candidate publicly and she must really like and believe in him if she is putting her reputation of the line. In the next few weeks we will either see Barack Obama become the Democratic candidate or he will go back to congress and await his turn. Either way it is not the end of him. I think he will do great things in the congress and then maybe one day as president.


On a side note, pay attention to how she is talking when she is in SC, she is definitely getting back to her southern roots.

No comments: